For the longest time researchers have been making strong arguments for the benefit of strength training exercise for women throughout their adult life. But it is a shame to see that the number of women who take this advice to heart is still quite low. Most women who go to the gym spend most of their time on 'cardio' type exercise machines that can never ever give them the benefits that strength training can. Maybe you will take your program more seriously when you are reminded of the benefits that it can give you.
1) You will be stronger. When overall strength is increased daily tasks and activities are so much easier. Lifting kids and groceries, gardening and lugging laundry will no longer be a challenge. You can rebuild your strength between 30-50 percent which has enormous health benefits. If you do not work on this strength you will lose it along with one half pound of muscle tissue each year that will weaken and age you prematurely.
2) You will lose body fat. Only strength training exercise can raise your metabolism (your body's engine) permanently so that more fuel (calories) is burnt every minute of the day and night. As your lean muscle tissue increases so will your resting metabolic rate, something that 'cardio' type activity can never give you.
3) You will disease proof your body. When you strengthen your body you strengthen all of its systems including the immune system. This will help protect you by up to fifty percent more against killer disease like heart disease, cancer and diabetes and at least thirty others.
4) You will strengthen your bones. When muscles are worked through their ranges of movement under a load they also pull on the bones they are attached to. This strengthens the bones reducing the risk of bone weakening and thinning. Strength training can increase the mineral density in the bones which is your best defense against the debilitating condition osteoporosis.
5) You will reduce your risk of injury, joint and back pain and arthritis. Strength training not only builds strong muscles and bones it also builds stronger connective tissue (ligaments and tendons) and increases joint stability. Strengthening the muscles around joints (such as the knees) helps to support and cushion them from the rigors of day-to-day activities and reducing risk of arthritis. Keeping the back muscles strong has very high success rate in eliminating or alleviating low back pain.
As you can see there is a mountain of health benefits for women of all ages from a simple strength training program. If you get the help of a fitness professional in setting up your program and monitoring it as well you will get results in a fast and effective manner. You will love the results when you knock 10 years off the way you look and feel.
Do you want to discover the secret to rejuvenating your body and improving the quality of your life? Download my free ebook "Ive Found the Fountain of Youth- Let Me Show You Too!" here: Health Related Fitness For Free Fitness Report here Fitness Weight Loss Carolyn Hansen is a certified fitness expert and fitness center owner who coaches clients to look and feel younger.