Do you have a Magellan GPS? If you do, then you need to know about Magellan GPS accessories. Some people don't believe these accessories are really necessary but you are the only one that can really determine this for your GPS.
Knowing what some of the different accessories are that can provide the most use out of your GPS will help you decide if these accessories are really necessary or not. Here are a few of the different accessories available for the Magellan GPS.
1. Antennas - There are different antennas that you can get so that if you are in an enclosed area such as below the deck in a cabin of a boat the GPS will still work effectively. To use this accessory you will also need to have an external antenna to make it function correctly.
This is not an accessory that everyone will need but for many people that spend a lot of time doing different activities in enclosed places it can be just what you are looking for.
2. Carrying case - This is an accessory that is a good idea for anyone that a portable GPS. The carrying case will protect it when you move it from one place to another.
The Magellan cases are made from quality leather or from a durable nylon. The case is designed to keep your GPS safe due to the extra padding that is used and the soft durable nylon or leather surrounding it.
3. Maps on CD-ROM's - If you travel a lot or you are a hiker or biker then this could be the accessory for you. There are currently 15 different maps on CD-ROM's that you can get to transfer onto your GPS receiver.
Some of the maps include:
- Europe - Canada - MapSend Topo which is a 3d topographical style map of the U.S. - Mexico
Be sure to do your research on this accessory to find out what all the maps are that you can purchase. This could definitely prevent you from getting lost in different places if you love to travel.
4. Pre-authorized SD card - This is available for various GPS models. This card has already been programmed with different maps for a variety of states and cities. All you need to do to use it is to put it into your GPS and start using it.
Each of these cards will feature an extensive list of POI or points of interest and several stops that are commonly requested. Some of the stops include:
- ATM's - Parks - Rest areas - Restaurants
5. Blank memory cards - This accessory allows you to fill it with your own maps and POI's.
These are just a few of the most commonly used Magellan GPS accessories. You need to take time to research these and others online before making your final decision about whether these accessories are really necessary for your GPS or not.
Kv Chaudhary is an Electronics Engineer with a Master of Business Administration in eCommerce, and over 25 years experience of working at Senior Technical jobs in the USA. His GPS website is the best GPS Store for buying, Garmin GPS Systems, Automotive GPS, Magellan GPS Accessories, Marine Electronics, Fish Finder, and Camping Supplies.