Why would anyone want to advertise? Well, after you go through your "warm list" and endure all those rejections from your friends and family and you figure out it will not be so easy with these methods you know you have to figure something different out.
That leaves them with two choices. Either buy leads, knowing those leads may have been sold several times before, or learn how to generate their own leads. Buying leads usually comes first because they don't know how to advertise.
But then making cold calls to people who have already been sold to several times easily can be a waste of time and money too. So if you are determined to succeed in your business your only real alternative is to attract your own leads through advertising.
One problem though is the stiff competition and many different places to advertise. It can be very intimidating for the beginner and expensive.
But a little training can go a long way since there are so many amateurs out there who don't know what they are doing. You could also get some help from someone who knows the ropes.
You may have to spend a little money on courses to learn what to do but it will be worth it and it will help you to become a leader. Since there are no successful entrepreneurs that are followers you will have to become a leader if you are to succeed in this industry. There really is no choice.
Every income leader in this business is continually working on their education and you have to start somewhere. So it might as well be in advertising since you are in the marketing business anyway.
So, the best advice for any home based business owner is to start their training and try to find the most efficient and inexpensive method of doing it. What better way than to use a funded proposal which, for home based businesses is a lead generation and marketing training system that you can use to earn money while you learn how to market your business through advertising?
In any event you will need to keep these six rules in mind to be successful in your advertising efforts. They have to do with the psychology of the business of selling and communicating. They will cause people to be attracted to you through your ads.
1. Most people are lazy. Everyone wants the next greatest and fastest technology because they do not want to wait. Even rich people want to earn money in the fastest way because they hate work and do not want to have to do it.
2. EVERY single thing a person spends money on whether it is food, shelter, clothes, entertainment, cars, houses, etc... and in fact every action a person takes right down to opening an email is based on two things. Avoiding pain or gaining pleasure. You spend money on shelter because you want to avoid the pain of sleeping on the ground AND you want the pleasure of sleeping where it is warm and you can keep you and yours safe.
3. People will buy for pleasure but their focus is really on avoiding pain. Most people will not try things that make them uncomfortable and this is one reason lots of people fail in this industry. They are scared to step outside of the box even though the rewards will be great. Most people would rather make excuses that do something that is different from what they normally do.
4. A good way to interest someone in what you have is to expose their pain and offer a solution. Most people will want that solution so they can avoid the pain. Just as it is a survival instinct to jerk back from getting burned.
5. People will buy hope or solutions for their problems because they would rather learn how to do something than actually implementing it or applying it. That is why most people have stuff on their shelves that has never been used even though they bought it for a specific reason.
6. When most people see what they cannot have, it makes them want it more. That is why leaders attract a following. People are drawn towards leaders who have what they want.
People have even given their lives to be near leaders as history has shown us. If you become a person of value by learning effective marketing and share it that will position you as a leader. That is what will cause people ot become attracted to you.
To be successful in this industry there is only one plan of action and that is to learn copywriting, advertising and marketing strategies and share them with those around you. This will cause people to be drawn to you.
Dan Lambeth, Network marketing on the Internet has many advantages. I learned how using my marketing system which is a funded proposal and has over 20 affiliate programs. It has weekly training sessions that are recorded and posted in the members back office to be reviewed as often as needed. To get your blueprint to MLM success visit my blog and get my newsletter with free marketing training.